I've been having crazy dreams lately.
Last night's was weird - I went to a discount grocery place and bought about $50 worth of stuff. Somehow, though, they charged me $338. Without thinking, I swiped my debit card ... and then realized the mistake. The manager was the one ringing me up and I said "Does that look like $300 worth of groceries to you?" and he said "No." I grabbed the receipt off the counter and the extra was - get this - for cereal that someone else bought. Yes, $300 worth of cereal. So he was going to fix it. But he had to fix it from the back office. And I waited. And waited. And then I was in some other store, fretting over the money coming out of my account. Why I was in another store, I don't know. Why would I leave when they had to reverse the charges?
Money has me all sorts of messed up lately, even though I'm ok. Well ... since I don't get holiday pay through the temp agency, the last two checks have been severely shortened. But overall I'm ok.
******
The pads I mentioned in my other post? I recommend them completely. In tmi-land, I thought maybe my period wasn't as heavy as it normally is. Just a blotch on the pad was all I could see. But when I rolled one up to throw it out, I could see all the blood in the bottom of it. Instead of sitting in one spot, it had spread throughout the whole thing. But you wouldn't know it from just looking at the surface. Really - better coverage and absorption than the bulky kind without any diaper feel to them.
If they approached me and asked me to do a commercial, I would. They're that good.
******
I really need this company to hire me permanently. They should - after all, I'm already training a new hire. Yep, 2 new temps started and I spent this past week training one of them (did I mention that already?)
So if, after just 6 weeks, my supervisor feels comfy with my training a new person, what's the hold up? I don't want them to wait until the end of the contract.
I need health insurance. We need heath insurance. We can't go through our home study without health insurance. And if we can't go through our home study, we can't adopt our child.
It's constantly in the back of my mind. We've stagnated on the adoption process because I refuse to be judged more harshly for not having it. So I halted the home study process before we even met with the agent. I want our ducks lined up - we're not perfect and I'm sure she'll find fault with something or other. I just don't want the lack of health insurance (a biggee) to be one of them.
Wanna hear something crazy? Every now and again, this thought sneaks into my head - what if they offer IVF coverage? What if their insurance provides IVF?
Would I put the adoption plans on hold to risk more treatments?
I think I would. I'm almost positive I would.
Because I apparently don't know when to say when.
2 comments:
don't even get me started on the money situation, as my husband and I are considering renting a room in our home out
wow, so your training now, that's a big deal! give them time.
ivf? a lot to think about hun.
They need to hire you already!!!!
Post a Comment