Today brought responses from both my RE's office and the ARC program.
The ARC program basically said until I'm seen or whatever, they can't give a price. I guess it depends on that doctor's findings and recommendations. Pooh.
My RE's office said she doesn't participate in any of those programs (which I had already figured). The cost of one IVF w/ICSI cycle through my RE is $7500. Plus the meds, which can run up to about $1000 depending on the drugs prescribed. And that's through IVFmeds, so I'm sure that's the cheapest I'd get them for.
$7500 seems pretty low cost to me. She does all retreivals, incubating stuff, and transfers in her office, so maybe part of it is that there wouldn't be a separate facility cost as there would be when it's done outside the office.
Is that a good price, though? $7500? It seems to me since everything I've been able to find shows 10 - 15000 per cycle. And that's with the ICSI.
So ... we're going to hit the fundage hard, I believe. Time to brainstorm.
3 comments:
I live in FL but $7500 including icsi is an incredible price - at my clinic is was going to run us $20k(with icsi), and $15k w/o it
Oh, my gosh, YES! That's a great price!
A wonderful price!
It's about $18k at my RE!!!!
Wow!
Great news!
Good luck with the hunting for a reasonable price. I think 7500 sounds like about what we paid. It's a chunk but hey, if it pays off, it's all worth it.
Wishing you everything of the best for 2008.
Post a Comment