Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
- Tag at least 3 other people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the fun begin!
Six non-important things / quirks / habits about myself (I've done this a few times and I'm hoping this is all new stuff):
1) I don't like the sound of someone chewing. Really. Mouth eating sounds make me ill. I get all grossed out and, no matter what else is going on around me, that's the only thing I'm able to hear or think about. It just turns my stomach. If I can, I'll make sure there's some sort of noise - t.v., radio, etc ... to drown it out before it starts.
2) I'm particular about the flat sheet on the bed. It has to be facing the right way and smoothed out before I'll get into bed. That doesn't mean I make my bed, because I don't. But I really really don't like climbing into bed under a tangled up sheet.
3) When I see a penny on the ground, I silently play that sing-song thing in my head "See a penny, pick it up. All day long, have good luck!". Even though I almost always leave the penny where it is.
4) I'm a worm saver. If it is or was raining and there are worms washed onto the walk or parking lot, I'll pick them up and toss them back into the grassy area. I hate to see a worm struggling on dry asphalt or concrete, knowing it's going to die. I've done it since childhood and I have no idea where the habit came from.
5) I have a form of color blindness. My childhood eye doctor just referred to it as color deficiency. It's not the typical red / green color blindness you hear so much about, but more of a problem with shades. I can see colors - reds, greens, all of them. I can find the numbers and letters in those crazy dot tests ... eventually. The issue is that I have a hard time distinguishing between most of the shades of color. I've always had to rely on other people to tell me if colors look good together because I've been known to create some really strange combinations. This includes anything from clothes to paint to house hold decorations, like pictures and curtains.
6) I talk to myself. A lot. Really. A lot. Sometimes it's out loud and other times it's inside my head. Either way, there's almost always some form of conversation taking place. Sometimes it's not to myself, even. Sometimes I hold a running dialogue that may be replaying a conversation or imagining how a conversation would have gone had I said this instead of that. I've also held conversations that haven't even taken place yet but I know they're coming. Weird, eh?
Ok, now I tag Ally, A over at infertility just sucks, and Fertilize Me.
3 comments:
Hee-I love reading these things. I know it's ridiculous, but I always get a kick out of them. Thanks for sharing. (Thanks, too, for the sweet comment on my blog and for tagging me, too. I promise I'll participate!)
I just have to say I agree with you on 1 4 & 6. Especially 1...and my boss is the worst offender. Grrrrrrrr
I can't leave the penny there - I always pick it up!
And I talk to myself constantly!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment