Friday, October 23, 2009

Still here ...

It's been a while, eh?

I guess it's one of those a lot has happened, but not much that's noteworthy sort of times.

I thought Hoss, our big dog, had broken a toe. After much message board reading, I decided to take a wait and see stance. Most of what I read about legs being wrapped and such were negative and he's an outside dog - not so easy to keep wrapping clean, much less on, when the dog is outside all the time.

Just over a week later and the swelling has gone down quite a bit and it pretty much looks like a normal toe. So now I'm thinking maybe he jammed it or something.

With all the rain, it's no wonder. The yard was a swamp and his kennel was slick with mud.

But that also means he's spent less time out in the yard itself and now his back end is wonky. I'm sure - knowing my dog as I do - that it's just that he's been cooped up, so some walks on the leash (so he doesn't get all excited and end up really injuring himself) will help take care of it.

We went to see Zombieland. It was much better than I was expecting and pretty damned funny. The intent isn't to scare the audience. So if you don't like scary movies and just want to see something fun, I recommend it.

I've managed to pick up some sort of bug. I'm not sick sick, but I don't feel good either. I took today off, but I've been working from home most of the morning. I always feel guilty when I don't go into work and it wasn't an already scheduled day off.

What else ...

That's really it.

Nothing exciting, nothing noteworthy.

No comments: