Saturday, October 3, 2009

Slippergasms and girly bits ...

I know I've been absent, but ... well ... it's not like many people read my blog anyway. So ...

There hasn't really been much going on in this part of the world.

E TN is finally drying out after months of very rainy weather. And the temperature has finally dropped into the autumn-like degrees that reflect the time of year.

It's my fave, by the way. I love the crisp air and the numerous leaf colors in this part of the country. I spend all year looking forward to it. I'm actually excited about being able to drag out the sweatshirts and flannel pajamas.

We've made the first pot of chili of the season and it's time to bring out the home made soup recipes, too. Excited!

I broke out my fuzzy slippers for the first time this season and about had a slippergasm.

Speaking of gasms ...

My girly bits have become a danger zone yet again.

A couple months after getting rid of the bacterial infection, I come down with my first yeast infection in more than 10 years.

Seriously. It's been more than 10 years since I've had one. I just don't get them. So when the slight itching started, I didn't give it a thought. Then the ITCHING started.

And I have no idea why. I haven't switched detergents or soaps and I haven't been on an antibiotic (although that rarely caused one). It just ... showed up.

I'd forgotten how frustratingly irritating the damn things are. If it weren't for the topical cream, I'd probably have ended up scratching my girly bits to ... well ... bits.

But the medicine is done, the itching is barely there, and I know it's pretty well gone.

Here's to hoping it's another 10 years before I have to go through that again.

4 comments:

jaded said...

oh girl i know all about the ITCH -i've had 3 yeast infections and they are a horror. feel better soon!

i heart fall. i wear my courderoy(sp) pants yesterday and my hoodie and felt wonderfully coozy. Fall rocks.

Anonymous said...

I send you well wishes and wire brushes! lol

I love Fall too. I have already made two pots of homeade veggie soup and cornbread. The chili is next!

Tiff

Katie said...

I'm reading, still! :)

Fall is my fave time of year, too. I love the coziness, the yummy comfort foods for dinner, snuggling in front of the fire, the impending holidays. Love it!

Glad to hear things are going better with the girly bits.

Katie said...

LOL! I do apologize a lot. Perhaps because I shoot my mouth off a lot?!

Thanks for the support, but in this case, I feel as if I really needed to put that out there.