Tuesday, April 21, 2009

While standing in the airport, I realized that the last time I came home was to see my best friend, Christie, and Frank.

I can't put into words how horrible it is to have my return visit home be to stay with one so I can say goodbye to the other.

There was a gathering of a few old friends last night.

It would have been great to spend time with them ... but for the reason we were all there. A chance to get together and remember before the service this afternoon.

Although it wasn't a morbid affair. Frank came up at various times, but I don't think any of us wanted to dwell on the impossibility of what we're about to have to deal with. So we didn't.

One friend showed up late (as in ... after 1am), having left a gathering of another group of friends. Their get together sounded a lot like ours ... a lot of laughter with some somber sprinkled throughout.

Maybe, on another day, I'll go into the complexities of the various groups of friends that surrounded this one person. It doesn't strike me the least bit odd that there were at least 3 groups of people, all who know each other, holding separate gatherings.

But not today.

Today ...

I don't want to face today, truth be told.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I am so sorry. If I can do anything, let me know. Sending hugs your way! Tiff

Alyssa said...

I'm so sorry, friend. So very sorry. You're in my thoughts. Peace and strength be with you right now.

AwkwardMoments said...

you are in my thoughts

My verify word is cross ..