Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flying free ...

My supervisor has wrestled me back to her team full time.

While I love that I'm thought of as versatile and was trusted enough to take on a new position, I am super happy to be back on my home team.

And ... and this is a secret because it wasn't being offered to everyone, so ssshhhh ... I'm being authorized for double time next week.

What that means is ... if I work 7 days (sat through fri), the 7th day will be double time pay.

Or at least part of it. Like ... I can't work 2 hours on Sunday and then have 8 hours on Friday be double time. I think it's basically whatever is worked on Sunday is paid double time.

I think.

Because, as a temp, I've never been able to get double time pay. Only the perms do. Until this week.

Guess who will be putting in a solid 8 - 10 hours between Saturday and Sunday?

Ayup. Me!

Excited.

In other news ... and this is news I'm embarrassed to say out loud ...

We still have our Christmas tree.

You know - that real, live tree I bought just days before Christmas?

Yeah. Only it's not alive anymore (of course), but it's still in its stand and up against the back of our house.

It became one of those "don't forget to take the tree when you go to the farm" ... "Ok" ... tree doesn't move ... sort of things.

And now the tree can't be moved.

Because there's a nest in it. With a Finch in it.

Gah.

I'm stuck with the dead Christmas tree hanging out in my back yard until this bird hatches and raises her young.

Although it will be cute to watch them learn to fly. Well ... minus the part about me chasing Biscuit away from them, that is.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

LMAO ... I am relieved to learn that your tree isn't still in your living room, cause that was my FIRST thought! If you still have outside lights on the house I will have no choice but to rag on you!!

Awesome news about the double time . . . ka-ching!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny that we have a Finch who decided to make a next in our fall wreath (still hanging on the front porch). We were taking it down to put away and realized we have 5 little eggs.Keeping the cat away has been a hassel, but I don't remember ever seeing little birds hatch. The little bastards better not be loud because they are right at my bedroom window. Tiff