Thursday was my birthday. I turned 38.
Oy.
I remember seeing 38 from a distance, when I was much younger. It seemed so much older to me back then.
But this post is really to mostly brag about my husband and friends. They are the best ever.
I'd requested a cake from this place. It's been years since I had a birthday cake that my step-mom didn't make and I wanted it. Plus, their cakes are oh-so-yummy.
On my birthday, Patrick said the cake wouldn't be ready until Saturday but he brought home some of their cupcakes and crumb bums. So I wasn't exactly upset.
My gift from him was Sims3 and a super zooming computer he was putting together. Score!!
In the meantime, I was making plans for Saturday - I wanted to invite people over for cake and booze. Yes, I said cake and booze.
So I invited a few people then mentioned it, after the fact of course, to Patrick. Who said he thought we'd just spend the weekend together, he and I. Then he did the afterthought "well, you can invite people over if you want ...." Which means - you can, but I'll get upset.
So I called it all off.
Only to call it back on yesterday morning when Patrick laid out our plans for the day - do some running around, grab a late lunch / early dinner, come back and have some friends over.
And we did some running around. A lot of running around. We had lunch, went to 2 different stores (one we drove out of the way for, even though the other was right across the street, and then back to that other), then the mall.
After that, we hit the grocery store for ice, soda, and beer. Which is when I texted everyone saying "8pm my place". Then the liquor store.
With Patrick now saying how he needed to hurry because he still needed to go pick up my cake (!!!).
Only to get home to a completely decorated house and a surprise party.
I wore a plastic tiara all night and got glasses that we called "the Dame Edna" glasses.
And the cake? Marc had actually picked it up on Thursday and it was o-m-g yummy.
Really ... the best friends and husband of all time.
And after much cajoling, I brought Hoss out on leash to meet the crew in person (dogson?) for the first time.
He did beautifully. He ate cheese out of their hands (I had them well stocked in case things got ugly), wagged his tail, rolled onto his back ... you get the point. He was just a wonderfully behaved little (huge) man.
Although he's in desperate need of a bath. Stinky dog.
It was a truly awesome time.
4 comments:
What a fun birthday surprise! I hope you have a great year.
how fun! Happy Birthday
why don't i live down the street from you?! 'cake and booze?' - you are my kind of girl.
happy birthday dear friend.
I'm ridiculously late with my birthday wishes, but I'll send them anyway... Happy Birthday! :) It sounds like you had a lovely time, which is what you deserve! May the wish you made when you blew out the candles come true!
Post a Comment